Tuesday, February 2, 2010

day 6...

first of all, thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers! we appreciate them so much!

Well, today is day 6 in the hospital. We are 30 weeks 5 days! next short term goal, 31 weeks (thurs)! yesterday was hard and nerve-wracking b/c I was contracting and in pain all day :-( my new doc came in today and checked me...GREAT news! I am still at a 1cm (i have really softened out though and babies are dropping) but for contracting for 3 days and not dilating, super! She was surprised we hung in there through out the weekend and is hoping to get a few more days! Every day more is better for our Peanuts!

I have been off the mag since Sat morning so we are still holding on strong! IF I have MANY good days (like 4-5) in a row, OB will consider sending me home but the soonest that will happen is early next week. She said that is only an option IF i can guarantee that i will be able to keep up with the strict bedrest (ONLY bathroom and shower) I do admit it scares me b/c once I get home, I am going to want to start doing a bunch of stuff...i must hold back. And I am kind of worried about helpers...

I also found out that she will consider a vaginal delivery if baby B turns head down! At first she said no b/c baby A is smaller but said if all is well and both are head down, she will give it a go! (i know i am most likely having a c-section so i don't want to get my hopes up but this makes me feel a little better knowing that we are not 100% c-section)

I really must admit, being here alone SUCKS! DH has to work so I may not see him until Thurs :-( unless something happens. I was so excited last night b/c DS came with MIL and spent the night with me! YAY! It is so hard to be away from everyone all the time.

So embarrassing=my mom having to give me a shower the other day b/c of my IV and stuff...OMG! I felt so incompetent. Highlight of my day today? being told I could wear clothes! sad huh? its so nice to not have to be around in freakin hospital gowns all the time :-D

Sorry so long. just wanted to update everyone a little bit!

2 comments:

  1. yay! i'm happy for you! clothes is a step forward.dont worry about feeling incompetent.. you are doing a wonderful job baking those little ones, keep it up...Even if it means getting bathe by mom...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know....it was quite embarrassing though.

    it really stinks being here but i know its for the babies and i know if i were at home, i would probably doing crap instead of resting. its better to be here...

    ReplyDelete