Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sooo...first L&D updates

12:43 PM

starting tues I started feeling funny but i brushed it off and thought i could make it to my appt today (of course if it got worse, i would go in)

wed i spent all day in bed with horrible back pain that could not be alleviated (something i am very familiar with from DS's pregnancy) so i called ob and told them about back pain and some abdominal cramping...they told me to go to l&d.

went in at 5pm and was told i was contracting (result of UTI that I found out that I don't have) but not dilating yet. cervix had softened and thinned out though.

they gave me 3 doses of something so slow it down and hooked me up to an iv and was going to send me home around 8-ish...i told them i was not feeling comfortable going home (glad i spoke my mind) 9 they let me eat and gave me the first dose of the steroid shot.

nurse came back in at 2am to monitor babies and found out i was contracting again...so i got 2 more shots and they never really slowed down. ob came in at 6:30 and said he wanted to transfer me to another hospital (with a NICU) in case we were really having these babies...

well, on the bright side, i have always wanted to ride in an ambulance...not really at 8am from Georgetown to Austin (22 miles = 1+ hour)

i get here new ob checked and i am 1cm 50% effaced. immediately they start me on magnesium sulfate and penicillin (until GBS results come back). i got a catheter and cannot get out of bed...i still have not been allowed to eat ( i am DYING) until after the contractions have subsided enough. test show no UTI.

our short term goal is to get the last shot tonight at 9 and then of course make it 24 hour after that...then we will see. she is hoping (like all of us) for a few weeks!




8:33 PM

so we had an ultrasound and Mackayla is 3lb 10oz and Braylon is 4lbs. Thats great!

the thing that makes me sad though is that since Mackayla is our baby A and Braylon is head up, the OB says as of right now, its definitely a c-section :-( that scares me so much...she said if we can fight off the labor that things may change but IDK

YAY! the magnesium sulfate has pretty much put a drastic slow down on my contractions...so i am still praying. I will get my 2nd dose of the steroid shot in about 30 mins and then of course tomorrow at 9 we shall see how things are and they will stop the magnesium sulfate and observe

they FINALLY let me eat! it has been since around 9pm yesterday! and this hospital has AMAZING food (they have a chef...I had freakin beef tenderloin medallions with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh green beans!)

other than that my butt hurts from layin on it for 24 hours and of course the contractions when they come suck....just here doin whatever i can do to keep these peanuts baking!


so, i am asking for your thoughts and prayers PLEASE! thanks so much. have a BLESSED day

1 comment: